Face to Face Training Curriculum
Increasing Hepatitis C Knowledge for Behavioral Health and Medical Providers
This 6-hour face-to-face training curriculum is designed to instruct behavioral health and medical providers on hepatitis C (HCV) epidemiology, opportunities for promoting HCV screening and testing, treatment options and considerations, and linking persons infected to HCV health care.
By the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- List at least three populations at-risk for HCV infection
- Explain the difference between acute and chronic hepatitis C infection
- Discuss at least two reasons why it is important to promote hepatitis C screening and testing
- Describe at least three prevention messages that can be used when promoting hepatitis C screening and testing
- List at least three treatment factors to consider and describe at least two new treatment options available to for patients with HCV
- Provide examples of at least three strategies to link persons infected with HCV to health care
To request a hepatitis C training, please visit the Regional Resources page and find the ATTC in your region.