New Mexico State University

New Mexico State University offers an interdisciplinary minor in Alcohol and Drug Counseling. Students develop knowledge and skills to work with substance-affected individuals, families, and groups. They also learn to design plans for organizational and community intervention. Completion of this minor provides students with the academic preparation for taking the exam for state licensure as a drug and alcohol counselor in the State of New Mexico.The minor requires 15 credit hours of coursework within the following graduate programs: Counseling and Educational Psychology; Family and Consumer Science; Nursing; and Social Work.

You may request additional information directly from this institution by clicking here and submitting your contact information.

Contact Information

Maria Gurrola
School of Social Work
PO Box 3001
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003

Last Updated: 07/07/2016