A national campaign to address the substance use treatment needs of adolescents.
Based on NIDA's publication: Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide, this campaign will:
- familiarize treatment providers with research study outcomes
- provide strategies to incorporate those findings into practice
- address the implications for treating adolescents
Through the use of a social media campaign, quarterly updates and webinars conducted by experts in the field, users will learn about a variety of topics including:
- the developing brain
- behavioral therapies proven effective for adolescents
- treatment retention and cultural adaptions
- the importance of testing for sexually transmitted infections
Plan to attend the webinar Teen Smoking, Vaping & Dipping: How Should Providers Respond?
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Noon ET, 11am CT, 10am MT, 9am PT
Click to register.
NIDA/SAMHSA-ATTC Adolescent Blending Team Members
- Phillip Orrick, Chair - South Southwest ATTC
- Jason Burrow-Sánchez, PhD - Central Rockies ATTC
- Leslie Cohen, BS - New England ATTC
- Marjean Searcy, SSW - Central Rockies ATTC
- Pat Stilen, LCSW - Mid-America ATTC