The Great Lakes ATTC offers NIATx Change Leader Academies (CLA) in each of the states in our region: IL, IN, MN, MI, OH, and WI. Participants from those states will have registration priority.
The NIATx CLA is a one-day face-to-face workshop followed by three months of peer networking and support from a NIATx coach. The CLA trains change leaders in the NIATx model of process improvement: a structured, team-based approach to change management for organizations large and small.
Attendees learn how to select a change project, set a project aim, engage senior leaders and staff in the change process, and achieve measurable, sustainable improvements.
Following the CLA face-to-face workshop, participants commit to carrying out a three-month change project. Some project focus areas suggestions include:
Or a focus area of your choosing
NIATx believes effective change management is learned through practice and sharing lessons learned with peers. While conducting their projects, CLA participants participate in a technical assistance call with a NIATx Coach and three monthly peer-learning conference calls with change leaders working on similar projects
Past CLA participants have led successful projects to reduce no-shows and wait times for appointments, increase admissions and retention in treatment, reduce 30-day hospital readmissions, improve hand-offs between levels of care, expand services, and many other measureable improvements.
Anyone interested in leading change or improving service delivery in their organization: Senior leaders, managers, supervisors and front-line staff from behavioral healthcare, recovery services, criminal justice, and social services. The CLA provides both beginners and those with some experience in process improvement with the tools to lead change projects and teams within their organization.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the NIATx principles and change model to team members and begin a change project.
2. Use four key quality improvement tools:
3. Commit to carrying out a 3-month change project in their organization with one NIATx coaching call and three peer learning follow-up calls.
4. Offer a standard approach to process improvement in their agency and begin to develop staff to be change leaders and engaged, change team members.
• Watch NIATx On a Napkin – a three minute overview of the NIATx Model of Process Improvement.
• Conduct a walk-through of a process you wish to improve and bring your notes to the workshop.