The Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH) Training Office
- provides or facilitates workshops daily that are offered throughout the State of Delaware, and that are developed and presented by faculty who are experts in the fields of recovery from mental illness, substance use conditions, and gambling-related problems. DSAMH offers new and innovative trainings, ensuring that behavioral health practitioners have access to the latest evidence-based treatment modalities and best practices material.
District of Columbia
The D.C. Department of Behavioral Health
- provides prevention, intervention and treatment services and supports for children, youth and adults with mental and/or substance use disorders including emergency psychiatric care and community-based outpatient and residential services.
Behavioral Health Administration
- The Office of Workforce Development & Training (OWDT) sponsors and provides courses, workshops, seminars, conferences and customized trainings statewide and offers a wide array of training topics, from basic to advanced. OWDT collaborates and partners with numerous organizations to assist with continuing education efforts, including the awarding of Continuing Education Units (CEUs), conference and event planning, marketing, and event execution.
The Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP)
- The Bureau of Treatment, Prevention and Intervention performs numerous tasks within the Department to provide county authorities, providers and communities throughout the Commonwealth with the tools they need to effectively prevent and treat drug and alcohol problems, as well as problem gambling.
The Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities (BBHHF)
- ensures that positive meaningful opportunities are available for people with mental illness substance use disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities and those at risk. It provides support for individuals, families, and communities in assisting persons to achieve their potential and to gain greater control over the direction of their future.