Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Provides leadership for the planning, development, and oversight of a system of care for children, adults, and families with severe emotional disorders, mental illness, and/or substance abuse issues.
Community Behavioral Health Services
- Strengthening and supporting children and adults behavioral health needs through prevention services, community based outpatient services, in-patient chemical dependency, psychiatric hospitalization and services for offenders incarcerated in state correctional facilities.
Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Creating communities where individuals, families, schools, faith-based organizations, and workplaces take action to promote emotional health and reduce the likelihood of mental illness, substance abuse including tobacco, and suicide.
Drug Abuse Warning Network
- Public health surveillance system that monitors drug-related hospital emergency departments (EDs) and drug-related deaths investigated by medical examiners and coroners (MEs)
HBO Film on Addiction
- The feature-length documentary film ADDICTION is the centerpiece of the Addiction project.
National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA)
- CASAColumbia informs Americans of the economic and social costs of addiction and risky substance use and its impact on their lives; assesses what works in prevention, treatment and disease management; and encourages every individual and institution to take responsibility to reduce these health problems.
Office of Juvenile and Delinquency Prevention
- To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Juveniles in crisisâ€”from serious, violent, and chronic offenders to victims of abuse and neglectâ€”pose a challenge to the nation. Charged by Congress to meet this challenge, OJJDP collaborates with professionals from diverse disciplines to improve juvenile justice policies and practices.
Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Join Together, a collaboration of the Boston University School of Public Health and The Partnership at Drugfree.org, delivers substance abuse and addiction news that impacts your work, life and community.