The goal of this project is to provide a standardized set of trainings and supervisory supports to service providing organizations that will: 1. improve outcomes for patients who have co-occurring disorders, 2. Improve organizational outcomes, staff morale, and organizational efficiencies.
This session is full but due to high demand, we have added a duplicate session on February 12th. REGISTER HERE. You can only register for one of these sessions.
- Discuss and interpret selected sections of ethical codes (NASW, ACA, NAADAC, etc)
- Be familiar with and able to interpret and apply state and federal laws related to the provision of behavioral health services
- Discuss major ethical/legal principles and issues
- Understand the importance of developing a person-centered approach in behavioral health services
- Identify and utilize at least 2 ethical decision-making frameworks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All persons who interact with patients, which may include intake staff, reception area personnel, drivers, maintenance staff, as well as professional staff.
Anthony Estreet, PhD, LCSW-C, LCADC, Executive Director, Next Step Treatment Center. Anthony is an experienced client-centered therapist coupled with strengths in developing and delivering effective training.