Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)-Morgan State
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal of this training is to help participants develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities at substance use Screening (S), Brief Intervention (BI), and Referral to Treatment (RT). SBIRT is a comprehensive, integrated, public health approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services for persons with substance use disorders, as well as those who are at risk at of developing these disorders.
The course will: introduce the terms, topics, and resources essential to SBIRT; examine its effectiveness in the treatment setting by examining assessment tools; and discuss how to use motivational interviewing in the intervention process and how to make effective referrals and practice using SBIRT.
- Understand what information screening does and does not provide
- Describe the goals of conducting a BI
- Understand how to provide a BI
- Describe Referral to Treatment
- Identify SBIRT as a system change initiative
- Understand the continuum of substance use
This is a closed event.