Health Center Clinician Office Hours: Management of Stimulant Use Disorder Webinar
Management of Stimulant Use Disorder. Please join the National Clinician Consultation Center (NCCC) in partnership with the Health Resources & Services Administration’s Bureau of Primary Health Care for this webinar, developed for health center clinicians. The misuse of stimulants, comprised of methamphetamine, cocaine, and other amphetamines, is a growing public health crisis across the United States. In this webinar, a consultant from the National Substance Use Warmline (855-300-3595) will provide a detailed discussion of both well-studied and emerging practices in the management of stimulant use disorder. The goal of this webinar is for participants to more confidently assess and manage the care of patients with stimulant use disorder.
- Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify common trends impacting the care of patients with stimulant use disorder
- Understand key components of evidence-based behavioral therapies that aid treatment
- Discuss promising pharmacologic strategies in the treatment of stimulant use disorder
- Feel equipped with practical knowledge to help optimize the primary care experience for patients with stimulant use disorder
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 2 pm – 3 pm Eastern / 11 am – 12 pm Pacific
Nicky Mehtani, MD, MPH is an internist specializing in Addiction Medicine and HIV. She is a consultant with the NCCC and works with the San Francisco Department of Public Health's Street Medicine team as Medical Director of the HIV Homeless Outreach & Mobile Engagement (HHOME) program. Dr. Mehtani is a graduate of the Primary Care Addiction Medicine Fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco, where she currently serves as a volunteer Clinical Instructor and attends on the inpatient Addiction Consult Team at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. She completed an internal medicine residency and studied public health and medicine at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD
To register go to this link.