Creating Calm: Effective Engagement With People Who Are Distressed (Afternoon Session)
Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
914 South 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Contact us at email@example.com
Due to concerns about COVID-19 this event has been cancelled. Information regarding rescheduling will be sent to participants.
Thank you for your understanding.
Many of the people we interact with are actively experiencing high levels of distress. This may be due to health conditions (physical, mental substance use, etc) poverty, family challenges, or other life stressors. How can we engage clients when they are in distress?
The Creating Calm training will focus on attendees’ experiences and provide concrete tools for engaging with clients in distress. Participants will:
1. Develop greater empathy and understanding related to distress.
2. Gain insight into their own reactions to distressed people.
3. Gain knowledge about the roots of particular kinds of distress.
4. Learn tools for responding to distress that will improve engagement.
5. Clarify risk and safety boundaries.
This a closed event. Please contact Bonnie Crissman with Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute via the email address provided above for registration information.