Safe, stable, and affordable housing is increasingly recognized as a vital part of recovery. What role can substance use disorder treatment and recovery programs play in providing this essential need for their clients? To find out the basics of housing and how to get started listen to the Recovery Housing Podcast!
By the end of the series, participants will be able to:
- Understand housing as an intervention (not just an outcome), including underlying philosophies and language.
- Identify the role of substance use disorder and mental health prevention, treatment, and recovery professionals in providing housing as an intervention and outcome for their clients.
- Develop specialized knowledge of housing to learn where your organization fits in creating housing as an intervention for your clients.
- Describe the financial and social return on investment in housing as an intervention.
- Distinguish between housing investments versus charity to reduce stigma.