Register Now! Online Course for New SUD Professionals in KS!
Understanding Addiction Services in Kansas: A Minicourse Series is a free series of online mini courses designed for Kansas mental health and addiction counseling professionals and organization leaders who need to know about topics essential to Kansas Substance Use Disorder (SUD) practice.
The series includes 6 stand-alone minicourses that can be taken in any order:
- Peer Mentoring (or Recovery Coaching) in Kansas (.75 hour)
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facility Licensure in Kansas (.5 hour)
- Federal Confidentiality Regulations (42CFR Part 2) in Alcohol and Drug Treatment (1 hour)
- HIPAA Regulations Within Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities (.5 hour)
- Funding of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services in Kansas (.75 hour)
- Understanding Medical Necessity (.75 hour)
This mini-course is deemed alcohol and drug specific and will be accepted for continuing education for licensed behavioral health counselors by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB).
This course was developed for Kansas by the Mid-America Addiction Technology Transfer Center, in partnership with the Kansas Association of Addiction Professionals (KAAP), Kansas Department (KDADS), and other Kansas content specialists.