2020 Mountain Plains ATTC Leadership Academy
Contact us at email@example.com
The Mountain Plains Addiction Technology Transfer Center is excited to launch its Leadership Academy for emerging leaders in the behavioral health disorders field. The Leadership Academy is available for supervisors and administrators interested in professional development tools and resources that will expand their organizational leadership skills and expertise. The well-recognized Kotter International Change Essentials Model will provide a framework for “strategies for execution of system change and change management.”
Goals of the Leadership Academy are to Assist Participants In:
- Developing skills to help agency members build and maintain urgency to engage in system change;
- Learning effective communication strategies for understanding and securing buy-in and persistence with agency members;
- Creating a vision for system change for their agency;
- Increasing their skills in empowering others to act;
- Implementing and securing buy-in from stakeholders;
- Aligning with champions; and
- Enhancing skills to remove barriers to success
Target Audience: Mid-level managers, including supervisors and administrators, in the behavioral health field in Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, and WY).
Technical Assistance: Targeted: Based on needs common to multiple recipients and not extensively individualized. A relationship is established between the TA recipient and one or more TTC staff. Examples: Online courses, webinar series for specialized groups, focused knowledge-sharing, communities of practice, short-term training, replication guides.
Event Leader: Thomainse Heitkamp
Credit Hours: 15