This session is designed for professionals who work with those at risk for contracting Hepatitis C Virus (HCV). An overview of HCV: risk; transmission; symptoms; testing; and treatment options will be provided. In addition, a discussion of harm reduction strategies and support/linkages to care will be included.
At the end of the webinar participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) screening and confirmatory testing in multiple health and behavioral health settings.
- Recognize risk factors for HCV
- Describe harm reduction strategies that minimize the risk of contracting HCV
- List treatment options available for people with HCV.
- Discuss strategies to link persons with HCV to HCV-focused health care services