Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: Substance use disorders and perinatal depression often occur in women of childbearing age. Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is an intervention that can readily be used to improve identification of these disorders during the perinatal period and facilitate prompt referral for treatment in women who access services through the Office of Child and Family Services.
- Identify the symptoms of perinatal depression
- Recognize the need to screen women for perinatal depression
- Recognize the need for substance use disorder screening for women in the perinatal period.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the SBIRT intervention.
- Discuss a brief intervention utilizing the FLO algorithm
*This is a closed event and is only available to those who work within the South Dakota Department of Health. If you are interested in a similar training collaboration please reach out to Abby Moore at email@example.com *