This webinar is an introduction to methamphetamines. It will cover a variety of topics from description of methamphetamines, pharmacology, and reasons for use. It will also include special populations and evidence based practices.
Goal: Increase knowledge about methamphetamines and what works for treatment
- State statistics for methamphetamines locally and nationally
- Define stimulant drug
- Describe methamphetamines, withdrawal, and long term effects
- List at least 5 reasons for use
- Describe the routes of administration for methamphetamines including oral, snorting, injecting, and booty bumping
- List special issues for women and methamphetamines
- List special issues for MSM (Men who have sex with men)
- Define evidence-based practice and describe 3 evidence-based practices for methamphetamines
What is it?
This course is generally three-hours in length, delivered in two segments (1.5 hours each), therefore, participants are required to attend both segments to attain a 'Certificate of Completion'.
This webinar series is provided under New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) Education and Training. Provider Certification Number (115) Training under a New York State OASAS Provider Certification is acceptable for meeting all or part of the CASAC/CPP/CPS education and training requirements.
Group Registration: If your agency has a group of people (applies to group of people that will watch the webinar together from one access point) during a live broadcast, then the person registering the group must provide us with the names and their respective email addresses within the group to ensure that everyone fills out an evaluation.