This webinar, sponsored by the Northwest ATTC and the Great Lakes ATTC, will present an overview of the current knowledge on the problem of stimulant (cocaine and methamphetamine) use in the US.
Presenter Richard Rawson, PhD, UCLA School of Medicine and University of Vermont, will provide:
- A review of the extent and geography of the use of cocaine and methamphetamine;
- An articulation of the clinical syndromes produced by acute and chronic stimulant use;
- A description of the strategies for addressing acute intoxication, withdrawal and stimulant induced psychosis;
- A review of behavioral treatments with evidence of efficacy for the treatment of stimulant use disorders;
- An overview of the current status of pharmacotherapy research on treatments for stimulant use disorders;
- A discussion of vulnerable populations, including the problem of stimulant use by individuals in medication treatment for opioid use disorders.