The American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, the California Department of Health Care Services-funded California Hub and Spoke System, PSATTC, and UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs are offering a Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Waiver Training focused on Tribal Health. Space is limited and registration will be filled on a first come, first served basis. These TWO two-hour trainings will together serve as the live portion of the Half and Half MAT Waiver Training. Attendees must attend BOTH sessions in their entirety in order to receive the link to the online training and receive their waiver.
This training is intended for MDs, DOs, PAs and NPs who are interested in prescribing buprenorphine.
For more information about the steps needed to obtain the Data 2000 Waiver to prescribe buprenorphine, go to https://pcssnow.org/education-training/mat-training/.
Thursday, November 19th and December 3rd, 2020 – 6:00pm-8:30pm
Trainer: David Kawika Liu, MD, PhD, JD
Location: Live Virtual Training
Register at: https://ucla.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkfu2sqjopH9xqiZaRMgmL32hWfnS4tVpx
At the conclusion of this activity participants should be able to:
1. Screen and identify patients with OUD, define evidence-based treatments
2. Discuss pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) patients
3. Describe fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment and treatment of co-morbid patients
4. Explain the process of buprenorphine induction, stabilization and maintenance
5. Discuss all FDA approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD
6. Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentially
7. Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD
8. Recognize the importance of obtaining a waiver to begin treating patients with OUD