Six Dimensional Assessment through the Continuum
Enhanced Professional Learning Series
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria, 3rd Edition, is the most widely used and comprehensive set of guidelines for assessment, placement, treatment planning, continued service, and transfer/discharge of clients with substance use and co-occurring disorders. The Criteria utilizes six dimensions to form a broad assessment, which in turn provides information for service and treatment planning across all levels of care.
This online Enhanced Professional Learning (EPL) interactive series will provide collaborative training and real-time practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of applying Criteria in a clinical setting. Emphasis is placed on applying Criteria for in-depth assessment, proper placement, service and treatment planning, continued service and transfer/discharge of clients.
Weekly sessions offered on the same day and start time between July 14-August 25, 2020. Day and time will depend on your location. Click 'REGISTER NOW' below to view the full schedule for your specific location.
- Behavioral health, substance use disorders, and recovery service providers located in the Pacific Southwest ATTC region (HHS Region 9)
- Baseline knowledge and current utilization of the Criteria in clinical practice
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- Attend a 1-hour online Orientation
- Commit to 6-weeks of live online training for 1.5 hours weekly
- Complete weekly self-study learning activities
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers, and microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engage during scheduled series time
- Access to The ASAM Criteria, 3rd Edition book
FREE TO PARTICIPATE
Space is limited to the first 40 registrants who will receive a grant-funded scholarship that covers the entire $350 cost of participation.
- Nick Tangeman, MSW, LADC
- Shawna Chandler, MSW, LCSW
Please contact the NFARtec Workwise Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).