Motivational Interviewing - Into Practice
Enhanced Professional Learning Series
Would you like to enhance your current knowledge and practice on how to effectively use Motivational Interviewing (MI)? This online Enhanced Professional Learning (EPL) interactive series will cover topics and provide interactive practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of MI skills and relational style. Emphasis is placed on the “intentional use” of MI skills to identify a change goal, resolve ambivalence, and increase motivation for change.
Weekly sessions offered on the same day and start time between July 30-September 24, 2020. Day and time will depend on your location. Click 'REGISTER NOW' below to view the full schedule for your specific location.
- Behavioral health, substance use disorders, and recovery service providers located in the Pacific Southwest ATTC region (HHS Region 9)
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- To be eligible to register for this series, applicants are required to first complete either (1) an Intro to MI live virtual or face-to-face training offered by the PSATTC or (2) the 4-hour, free self-paced, online course Tour of MI: An Interprofessional Road Map for Behavior Change and submit the electronic copy of your certificate of completion from either of these trainings during the registration process
- Attend a 1-hour online Orientation
- Commit to 8-weeks of live online training for 1.5 hours weekly
- Complete weekly self-study learning activities
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers, and microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engage during scheduled series time
FREE TO PARTICIPATE
Space is limited to the first 40 registrants who will receive a grant-funded scholarship that covers the entire $350 cost of participation.
- Paul Warren, LMSW
- Kate Speck, PhD, MAC, LADC
Please contact the NFARtec Workwise Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).