The Pacific Southwest and Mountain Plains
Addiction Technology Transfer Centers Present:
The Organizational Process Improvement Initiative (OPII)
Looking to create a more empowered and dynamic team that embraces change?
Are you looking to adopt or implement new behavioral health practice or Recovery Support routines?
Does your agency need to take your quality and process improvement game to the next level?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, the Mountain Plains and Pacific Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Centers have a perfect solution–the 2022 Organizational Process Improvement Initiative (OPII). This 9-month intensive technical assistance and organizational coaching program is designed to provide behavioral health agencies and Recovery Community Organizations (RCOs) within HHS Regions 8 and 9 with practical tools and capacity to design, implement, and sustain change strategies within your agency to improve patient care and recovery support.
Components of the Organizational Process Improvement Initiative:
- Change Facilitator Academy, a virtual, distributed 21-hour learning program designed to develop change leadership skills in teams of three (3) agency Co-Facilitators
- Community of Practice virtual sessions with Change Facilitators from other agencies also implementing the OPII
- Coaching Check-Ins and technical assistance sessions with expert faculty to facilitate the implementation of the five-phased OPII change process
To participate in the Organizational Process Improvement Initiative, your organization must:
- Provide substance use, mental health, behavioral health, and/or recovery support services within the geographic catchment area of the HHS Region 8 Mountain Plains ATTC (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming) or the HHS Region 9 Pacific Southwest ATTC (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and Republic of Palau).
- Identify up to 3 individuals to serve as Change Team Facilitators and 4-6 additional individuals to serve as members of an agency Change Team.
- Purchase “team” site license of Miro, a virtual whiteboard collaboration application (approximate expense $600).
- Complete agency application and baseline Organizational Readiness to Change Assessment staff survey.
- Commit to participate in 9-month project, including regularly convened agency change team meetings and participation in OPII communities of practice and OPII coaching calls.
Michael S. Shafer, PhD, Arizona State University
Beth Rutkowski, MPH, UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse
Dennis Skinner, President, MANY-TO-ONE