- October 30th, 2019 - Living Your Best Life Through Authentic Self-Care "Helping the Helper Within". This webinar will offer an overview of compassion fatigue along with helpful strategies that will ensure you stay loving the work you love, by living your best life through authentic self-care.
- July 10th, 2019 - Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBRIT) and its Use in Faith-based Organizations. This webinar describes the tenants of SBIRT and how the program can be implemented in organizations with religious practices and affiliations.
- June 12th, 2019 - Survivors, Stress, and Substance Use: Examining the Connection between Trauma and Substance Use (PDF) This webinar examined the bidirectional relationship between trauma and substance use disorders (SUDs). Environmental, biological, and psychological factors that predispose survivors to co-occurring PTSD and SUDs was highlighted. The webinar discussed the various treatment options for trauma related disorders and substance use disorders.
- May 8th, 2019 - Co-0ccuring: Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders (PDF) This webinar is to aid in learning how to recognize the signs and symptoms of co-occurring disorders and help individuals seek proper care for persons dealing with substance use disorders.
- April 10th, 2019 - Removing the Stigma and Addressing the Issues of Substance Use Disorders (PDF) The purpose of this webinar is to strengthen the knowledge of substance use treatment and recovery for communities of faith. This webinar will teach participants the benefits of integrating recovery and spirituality while dispelling the stigma of substance use disorders.
- March 13th, 2019 - Addiction, Spirituality and Recovery The purpose of this webinar is to strengthen the knowledge of substance use treatment and recovery for communities of faith. This webinar will teach participants the benefits of integrating recovery and spirituality while dispelling the stigma of substance use.
- February 13th, 2019 - Collaboration is Key! The Art of Building Collaborative and Effective Partnerships with Faith Communities This webinar provides information on the similarities between faith communities and community organizations, promoting a strategy of collaboration to develop programs to serve individuals with substance use disorders. Participants learn the distinction between pastoral care and mental health and substance use treatment.
- January 9th, 2019 - The Power of Faith Community and Substance Use Disorders. Provides information regarding the prevalence of Substance Use disorders in the general population; Enhance understanding of both points of tension and common themes of the faith and treatment/recovery communities; Explore potential ways the faith community help meets the needs of individuals with substance use disorders.
Click HERE for our Women Are Different Webinar Series