April 30th, 2020- "What Healthcare Providers Need to know about Telehealth Laws and COVID-19 HIPAA Guidelines" (PDF). This webinar will provide a brief overview of telehealth laws from federal and state levels.
· The necessity of identifying and explaining COVID-19 HIPAA emergency compliance laws for healthcare organizations
· To identify types of technology that can be used during the COVID-19 Pandemic
· To be familiar with state Medicaid and Medicare telehealth laws and fees for services according to HIPAA guidelines during the COVID-19 Pandemic
· Participants will identify potential ethical and treatment dilemmas that can impact client care and solutions to remedy problems
· HIPAA compliant technology and documentation that is needed to implement an effective HIPAA telehealth program
Dr. Lucy R. Cannon, LCSW, CCDP-D, MATS
Lucy R. Cannon is the CEO/Owner of LEJ Behavioral Health Services, LLC, a training and consulting company in Metropolitan Atlanta. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the states of Georgia and Alabama. She has the following certifications; CCDP-D, ICCDPD, and MATS.Dr. Cannon has been a clinician, supervisor, director, and consultant of mental health and co-occurring disorders programs in inpatient and outpatient healthcare organizations and psychiatric hospitals in various states in the United States. She is an Adjunct Professor at Clark Atlanta University School of Social Work.She serves on various healthcare organizations boards of directors and advisory boards.