About UMP VIETNAM HIV ATTC
WHO WE ARE
The Univerity of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam HIV Addiction Technology Transfer Center (UMP Vietnam HIV ATTC) was established under the sponsorship of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and support from University of Caalifornia, Los Angeles (UCLA), via The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
VHATTC-UMP is one of the three ATTC centers in Vietnam and is a member of the ATTC network of sixteen centers around the world. Also, UMP is one of the 5 institutes assised by the Ministry of Health as the main capacity-building and training agency in addiction and HIV treatment.
- Introduce, transfer and accelerate the adoption and implementation of evidence-based addiction treatment practices and recovery-oriented services; accordingly, contribute to improve the services quality, facilitate the limitation of substance abuse and HIV epidemic
- Heighten the awareness, knowledge, and skills of the workforce that addresses the needs of people with substance use or other behavioral health disorders.
- Act as a bridge to foster alliances among practitioners, researchers, policy makers, funders, and the recovery community.
Our technology transfer includes:
- Introduce and disseminate disseminate new evidence-based intervention practices on addiction and HIV via trainings, workshops and technical assistance (eg. Methadone program)
- Develop and introduce appropriate models, and support partners in implementation (eg., ATS intervention)
- Adopt and introduce new resources, guidelines, materials
VHATTC-UMP has built up a strong network and linkages with agencies, organizations and departments in the field of addiction and HIV treatment, taking it as a solid platform to performs our activities and get the most out of our beneficial influences on recovery community and society.