Motivational Interviewing Into Practice- EPL series (online)
Motivational Interviewing- Into Practice (MI-IP)
Every Thursday, July 18 - September 12, 2019
11:00 am -12:30 pm CT
Would you like to enhance your current knowledge and also practice how to effectively use Motivational Interviewing (MI)? This series will provide a 20-hour curriculum that covers topics and provides interactive practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of MI skills and relational style. Emphasis is placed on the “intentional use” of MI skills to identify a change goal, resolve ambivalence and increase motivation for change.
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health and Recovery Service Providers
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- In order to be eligible and register for the MI-IP Series, applicants are required to complete the 4-hour, free, self-paced, online course Tour of MI: An Interprofessional Road Map for Behavior Change and submit an electronic copy of your certificate of completion during the registration process. TOUR OF MI CEUs: Participants can take the Tour of MI course and receive a FREE Certificate of Completion. CEUs are offered at an additional price of $20.00.
- Prior to the first session on July 18thview a 20-minute video tutorial on how to use and maximize the videoconferencing platform
- Attend a live one-hour Orientation to Technology Session on Thursday, July 18th at 11:00 am CT for a demonstration of the basic technology skills required to participate
- Commit to 8-weeks of training, for 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled series days/times and complete ONE hour of weekly learning activities
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize online videoconferencing platform (i.e., internet connection, built-in or USB webcam, laptop/tablet, built-in/USB/Bluetooth speakers & microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engage while on camera 90% of the scheduled series time
There is no cost to participate in a series. The first 40 registrants will receive a scholarship that covers the entire $350 cost of participation. As grant sponsored scholarship recipients and in order to receive continuing education hours, it is expected participants will view the 20-minute video tutorial; attend the live technology training; be prepared for and join each session; and actively engage in group discussions. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others.
Continuing Education Each series has been approved for a total of 21 contact hours through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492.
Questions? Please email Workwise Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free)