Learn from SAMHSA CMO Neeraj Gandotra, M.D., NIAAA Director George Koob, Ph.D., Beth Macy and other experts about opioid and stimulant abuse, food and obesity, tobacco use disorder, alcohol addiction, management of addiction and more.
- Describe the scope of addiction issues in Southwest Virginia
- Review Carilion Clinic's efforts to address addiction and the outcomes
- List Southwest Virginia's community resources for addiction management and recovery
- Address addiction in health care, community, and organizational settings
Physicians, nurses, specialists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, researchers, and community partners
Friday, June 4th
- Plenary- Alcohol Use Disorder: Evidence-Based Science as a Framework for Diagnosis, Prevention, and Treatment
- Plenary - Alcohol Use Disorder: SAMHSA Update
- Addressing Alcohol Disorder in Primary Care: The Virginia Experience in a National Study
- Opioid and Stimulant Treatment: Where Are We Today?
- Medical and Pharmacologic Treatment of Obesity
- Treating Concurrent Intravenous Drug Use and Septic Complications: The Importance of Teams
- Perinatal Opioids and Stimulants; ED Bridges
- Options for Managing Alcohol Use Disorder in Primary Care
Saturday, June 5th
- Plenary - Dopesick
- Trends in Local Nicotine Consumption
- The State of Food Addiction
- Surgical Treatment of Obesity and Addiction
- NRT and Beyond: Treatment for Nicotine Addiction
- Methamphetimine Misuse: Historical, Clinical, and Potential Treatment Perspectives
- SBIRT: Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment:P Early Identification of Problematic Use, Motivational Interviewing and Referring into Treatment
CME credit available.
Sponsored by Delta Dental of Virginia Foundation.