This virtual event is the first in the upcoming series entitled "Intersecting Epidemics in the Context of Ending the Epidemic: Tackling HIV, Substance Use, and HCV".
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the correlation between HIV infection and Substance Use Disorder and the impact on HIV transmission in this special population.
- List the current HIV prevention models available in order to have an impact on the reduction of new HIV infections in the United States.
- Discuss Antiretroviral Therapy Rapid Start for persons diagnosed with HIV as a key strategy for Ending the HIV Epidemic.
Trainings with 60 minutes didactic and 60 minutes interactive. Breakout rooms will be part of the interactive piece and will include case study discussion.
- Sharjeel Ahmad, MD, MPH, FIDSA, FACP, AAHIVS
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Medical Director, Positive Health Solutions
- Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases
- University of Illinois College of Medicine- Peoria
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE): The MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Social Work: This program is offered for 2.0 CE hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh's School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education accredited school and therefore a PA pre-approved provider of social work continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LMFT, and LPC biennial license renewal.
More accreditation information coming soon.
Continuing Education credits issued for participation in CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of their state licensing board(s).
This virtual conference is provided in collaboration by: The Central East ATTC, MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center (MAAETC), the National Alliance for HIV Education and Workforce Development (NAHEWD), the Opioid Response Network (ORN), and the Mid-Atlantic Regional Public Health Training Center.