This webinar will discuss the use of buprenorphine extended-release injection in the treatment of opioid use disorder and the potential barriers to its use. It will also outline logistics and operational needs for use in clinical settings.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe buprenorphine extended-release injection, its pharmacology, and its role in the management of opioid use disorder (OUD).
- Explain the benefits of extended-release formulations over immediate-release options and discuss the evidence supporting the use of buprenorphine extended-release injection in the treatment of OUD.
- Discuss how buprenorphine extended-release injection can help stabilize patients, minimize withdrawal symptoms, and decrease cravings for opioids.
- Explore the impact of buprenorphine extended-release injection on healthcare systems, including potential cost-effectiveness, and resource utilization benefits.
- Identify any reimbursement or formulary considerations that may affect access to buprenorphine extended-release injection.
Prescribers, nursing, and social work professionals who interact with individuals with opioid use disorder as well as operational leads of facilities providing MOUD (medication for opioid use disorder) can benefit from this presentation.
Dr. Vishesh Agarwal is an award-winning, board-certified, general adult psychiatrist, with an additional board certification in addiction psychiatry and obesity medicine. He received the Delaware Today Top doctors award in 2022. Along with his clinical work, Dr. Agarwal supervises and mentors trainee physicians and student learners. He is an invited speaker at regional, and national conferences, and has published in peer-reviewed journals.