MOUD Anti Stigma Webinar Series
Join Us in February & March 2021 for this special virtual event!
In conjunction with Anne Arundel County, we present a three-part anti-stigma training series on Medication for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) to address and debunk popular beliefs and myths around opioid prescribing. MOUD has previously referred to as medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
We would like to welcome MOUD prescribers, nurse practitioners, case managers, social workers, and other providers in hopes to increase the number of active MOUD prescribers and increase the knowledge, understanding, and value of MOUD treatment.
Session 1: Interactions & Challenges with the DEA | February 4, 2021 | 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Explain the DEA official involvement with MOUD prescribers
- Explain how waiver providers will interact with the DEA
- Explain what will trigger contact with the DEA as MOUD prescribers
- Provide an overview of the number of MOUD prescribers
Session 2: Myths on the Stigma of MOUD | March 4, 2021 | 1:00pm-2:30pm
- The medication works and saves lives
- Not a substitute for another medication
- More details to come
Session 3: Patient Mix | March 18, 2021 | 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Explain how to initiate and integrate care into practice
- Explore the major concerns expressed by physicians
- More Details to follow