Workwise Learning Series
The Northeast & Caribbean Addiction Technology Transfer Center is offering the following extended online learning series:
Workwise: Preparing your Health Center for SBIRT Implementation (SBIRT-IP)
Workwise: SBIRT-IP is structured to provide online consultation, skill-based learning and practice, group and self-study activities, reading assignments, and discussion for healthcare providers establishing or currently implementing SBIRT in their agency. Through virtual, interactive learning, participants will receive real-time performance feedback related SBIRT implementation strategies with an emphasis on integrating brief interventions into current services and workflow.
Every Wednesday, August 8 - September 12, 2018
1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time
August 8th technology session is scheduled for 60 minutes only
- Integrated Healthcare Teams, Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Recovery Service providers located in the Northeast & Caribbean ATTC region (HHS Region 2)
- Currently using SBIRT or in the process of implementing SBIRT in a healthcare setting
Participant Commitment and Expectations:
Prior to the first session on August 15th, complete the following:
- View a 20-minute video that provides instruction on how to use and maximize the videoconferencing platform
- Attend a live one-hour Orientation to Technology Session on Wednesday, August 8th at 12:00 p.m. ET
- Participate in 5 weeks of training: 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled days/time and complete ONE hour of weekly learning activities
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize online videoconferencing platform (i.e., webcam)
- Be prepared and actively participate during scheduled series time
Cost to participate in a series
The first 40 registrants will receive a grant-funded scholarship that covers the entire $250 cost of participation. As a scholarship recipient and in order to receive continuing education hours, it is expected participants will complete the technology sessions; be prepared for and join each session; and actively engage in group discussions.
**Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration and scholarship opportunity to others.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The MI-IP series has been approved for a total of 21 contact hours through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance. Note: For NYS Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors, OASAS will accept NAADAC hours for re-credentialing purposes.
The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
***Invitation Only -
For more information contact the Northeast & Caribbean ATTC.
Workwise is an online training series that provides interactive training and consultation to professionals delivering behavioral health services. Designed to encourage workplace learning, Workwise uses current technologies and instructional/consultation activities to provide virtual interactive training, real-time skill-based learning and practice, group and self-study activities, reading assignments, and discussions on topics essential to increasing knowledge, building skills, and changing practice through the adoption of evidence-based and promising practices.