The South Africa HIV Addiction Technology Transfer Centre (ATTC) is a multidisciplinary resource for professionals in the HIV, mental health, addictions treatment and recovery services fields. Our ATTC was initiated in 2017 and is part of an international network of ATTCs serving South Africa, Southeast Asia, Vietnam, Ukraine, and the United States. The vision of the ATTC Network is to unify science, education and service to transform lives through evidence-based and promising treatment and recovery practices.
The South Africa HIV ATTC's mission is to:
- Accelerate the adoption and implementation of evidence-based and promising practices and services to address HIV, mental health, and substance use in an integrated manner;
- Heighten the awareness, knowledge, and skills of the workforce that addresses the needs of people with HIV, mental health, substance use or other behavioural health disorders; and
- Foster regional, national, and international alliances among culturally diverse practitioners, researchers, policy makers, funders for integrated HIV-mental health-substance care.
We Offer Free Training & Technical Assistance!
Below are a few examples of Training Courses offered by the South Africa HIV ATTC. There are more training courses available upon request. Many of the courses are accredited with Continuing Professional Development.
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment;
- Motivational Interviewing;
- Mental Health Training
Below are a few examples of Technical Assistance Courses offered by the South Africa HIV ATTC. We tailor technical assistance to your unique needs. If you work in HIV, mental health, or substance use treatment and prevention, we want to partner with you. Technical assistance examples include.
- helping to develop organisational policies,
- supporting changes in intervention strategies, and
- supporting workforce development.
Our capacity building aims to facilitate the expansion of training and technical assistance to health providers in the communities that they serve. The South Africa HIV ATTC is willing and able to provide training and technical assistance to any organization in South Africa. Additionally, through the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), we have identified 27 priority districts in which we aim to hold sessions.
The South Africa HIV ATTC is open and available to provide training and technical assistance sessions to your organisation! Please contact us at: [email protected]