Audience: This training is designed for healthcare professionals to include licensed and paraprofessionals in the mental health and co-occurring disorders fields.
A brief overview of overcoming traumatic stress symptoms.
· Articulate how a catastrophic crisis can trigger traumatic stress symptoms.
· Help clients address traumatic stress symptoms caused by catastrophic crisis prior to relapse.
· Understand how isolation during pandemics puts clients at risk of relapse.
· Utilize 3 strategies to help clients decrease isolation during pandemics.
· Use technology to help clients maintain recovery during catastrophic crises and pandemics.
Mark Sanders, LCSW, CADC, is an international speaker, trainer, and consultant in the behavioral health field whose work has reached thousands throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Caribbean and British Islands. Mark has been a certified addictions counselor for 34 years. Mark is co-founder of Serenity Academy of Chicago, the only recovery high school in Illinois. He is past president of the board of the Illinois Chapter of NAADAC. He has had a 30-year career as a university educator having taught at the University of Chicago, Illinois State University, Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and Loyola University of Chicago, School of Social Work.