***This training has reached the maximum capacity and registration has been closed.***
Many of the people we interact with are actively experiencing high levels of distress. This may be due to health conditions, poverty, family challenges, or other life stressors. The Creating Calm training series will focus on attendees’ experiences and provide concrete tools for engaging with clients in distress.
- Develop greater empathy and understanding related to distress.
- Gain insight into their own reactions to distressed people.
- Gain knowledge about the roots of particular kinds of distress.
- Learn tools for responding to distress that will improve engagement.
- Clarify risk and safety boundaries.
January 12, 2021 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Central)
January 19, 2021 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Central)
January 26, 2021 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Central)
Mat Roosa, LCSW-R
Mat Roosa was a founding member of NIATx and has been a NIATx coach for a wide range of projects. He works as a consultant in the areas of quality improvement, organizational development, and planning, evidence-based practice implementation. He also serves as a local government planner in behavioral health in New York State. His experience includes direct clinical practice in mental health and substance use services, teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and human service agency administration.