According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, cannabis use rates increased in 2020, with almost 50 million individuals 12 or older reporting use of cannabis in the past year. This increase is reflected in the state-specific data for HHS Region 8 in five of the six states (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah). With this data in mind, the Mountain Plains ATTC is sponsoring a ten-part webinar series that will address and review the latest science for cannabis including: prevention and treatment issues; public policy; medical marijuana; and special populations and cannabis (adolescents, women and maternal health, older adults, and individuals with Serious Mental Illness).
Learning Objectives: After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to better understand marijuana/cannabis use among older adults with respect to:
- Recreational and medical marijuana use and use frequency
- Cannabis use disorder rates; other substance use & use disorders
- Stressors, social support, mental disorders & suicidal thoughts
- Risks for DUI, ED visits, & healthcare service use
- Poison control center calls related to marijuana
- Marijuana treatment admissions
This webinar is part of a series on the current science of cannabis, for more information on the other webinars in the series view the series homepage.