The Mountain Plains Addiction Technology Transfer Center is excited to offer its second Leadership Academy for emerging behavioral health leaders. The Leadership Academy is designed for supervisors and administrators interested in professional development tools and resources that will expand their organizational leadership skills and expertise. The well-recognized Kotter International Change Essentials Model will be utilized offering a framework for “strategies for execution of system change and change management.”
Goals: The Leadership Academy Will Assist Participants to:
1. Create a vision for system change for their agency;
2. Develop skills to help agency members build and maintain urgency to engage in system change;
3. Learn effective communication strategies for understanding and securing buy-in and persistence with agency members;
4. Increase their skills in empowering others to act;
5. Implement and secure buy-in from stakeholders;
6. Enhance alignment strategies for working with champions; and
7. Build skills focused on removing barriers to successful implementation.
Target Audience: Mid-level managers, including supervisors and administrators, in the behavioral health field in HHS Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, and WY).
Dates: September 16th & 17th & October 21st, 2021
Times: September 16th & 17th 9am–5pm CT/ 8am–4pm MT & October 21st 1 pm-3 pm CT/12 pm-2 pm MT
Cost: There is no cost to participate in the Mountain Plains ATTC Leadership Academy.
• Complete the online application and upload the following documents: (1) a letter of commitment, including your rationale for applying; (2) a two-page resume; and (3) a brief letter from a person with administrative authority to approve your time commitment for participation in the Mountain Plains ATTC Leadership Academy.
• Applications are due July 16, 2021 and will be reviewed by July 23, 2021. All applicants will receive notification of selection decisions.