EBP Videos Part 4
Clinical EBP Demonstration Video Series
Part 4: Using Motivational Interviewing to Engage Client in Peer Services
The client Shawn Adams is close to completing OP treatment and was referred to a Peer Specialist to help with the transition to community-based care and recovery. This demonstration shows how Dan Francis a Peer Specialist introduces themselves and sets the service expectations and possibilities. This demonstration offers viewers a chance to see how Motivational Interviewing is integrated in the session and used to engage a new person in a telehealth environment.
Characters played by Dana Francis, Peer Specialist and Program Manager, Peer Seattle, and David Jefferson, Northwest ATTC.
- Miller, W. & Rollnick, S. (2013). Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd edition. New York: Guilford Press.
- CSAT. (2009). What Are Peer Recovery Services? HHS Publication No. (SMA) 09-4454. Rockville, MD: SAMHSA.
- Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) Recovery Coach Training
- Certified Peer Counselor Curriculum (Washington)
- Healtheknowledge Online Courses: Tour of Motivational Interviewing course provides a review of MI.
- Rollnick, S., Miller, W.R., & Butler, C.C. (2008). Motivational Interviewing in Health Care: Helping Patients Change Behavior. New York: Guilford Press.
- Rosengren, D.B. (2017). Building Motivational Interviewing Skills: A Practitioner Workbook, 2nd edition. New York: Guilford Press.