Mid-America ATTC hosts virtual learning collaboratives to help professionals throughout our region implement various evidence-based practices related to substance use disorder treatment and recovery. Using Zoom videoconferencing technology, participants are able to connect with subject matter experts and other professionals to learn from each other as a community. See below for more information on our current learning collaboratives and how to join.
Mobile Apps as Clinician Extenders in SUD Treatment and Recovery: Emerging Possibilities
With people across the country now practicing social distancing and sheltering in place, there has been a growing demand for telephonic and virtual care visits. Social isolation increases the risk of relapse particularly for those new in recovery. Now, more than ever, substance use disorder (SUD) treatment providers of all types are depending upon technologies* to contact and message patients and in many cases, provide virtual therapeutic services.
- Explore the potential benefits and drawbacks of integrating technology based therapeutic tools in face-to-face and telehealth SUD treatment services.
- Describe how developers and researchers design, evaluate, and implement new technology platforms.
- Discuss how employing technology tools improve patient engagement/outcomes and provide opportunities to measure treatment outcomes and provider performance.
Click on the session titles below to register and for more information.
- Evidence-Based Apps: Tuesday, April 28, 12 - 1 pm (CT)
- Support of Medication Assisted Treatment: Tuesday, May 26, 12 - 1 pm (CT)
- Clinician Tools and Application Selection Considerations: Tuesday, June 9, 12 - 1 pm (CT)
*No official support or endorsement by Mid-America ATTC, SAMHSA, or HHS for technologies described is intended or should be inferred. Please note all times are listed in the Central Time Zone. Participants must register for each session to receive information to join the meeting. If you have any questions about this learning community, please email Bree at [email protected].
Mid-America ATTC partnered with the Mid-America MHTTC, and Mountain Plains MHTTC recently completed the Telehealth Learning and Consultation (TLC) Tuesdays, an online series for providers new to or unfamiliar with telehealth to ask questions of our specialists and hear practical advice.
Recordings of the 20-minute presentations are posted on the telehealth web page as they become available.
March 31: Telehealth Basics
April 7: Telehealth Billing
April 14: Telehealth Tools
April 21: Telehealth with Children and Adolescents
April 28: Telehealth Troubleshooting