Essential Conversations in Social Services 2020 is a podcast intended for behavioral health (BH) and substance use disorder (SUD) providers. During each episode, we will interview a subject matter expert on a timely topic and explore tips designed to help the BH and SUD workforce in Region 7.
- Self-Care: In the 1st episode we discuss the importance of self-care for behavioral health leaders with Dena Sneed, the Director of the Center for Trauma Informed Innovation at Truman Medical Center in Kansas City, MO
- Race & COVID-19: During this episode, we discuss how to have a conversation about race in the workplace. Our guests' Marla Smith, a Behavioral Health Coach at Heartland Family Service in Iowa and Vladimir Sainte, a Team Leader from Truman Medical Centers in MO, share important considerations and tips for behavioral health leaders who are navigating these conversations.
*Please note the episodes above were previously called 20-Minute Tips: A Podcast for Behavioral Health Providers.
- The Importance of Housing and Employment During and Post-COVID
- A Psychiatrist View of Supporting Recovery in 2020 & Beyond
- Post Pandemic Trends in Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder
*Podcast episodes will be posted here, on our website
This project is a collaboration by the Mid-America Addiction and Mental Health Technology Transfer Centers and is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Although funded by SAMHSA, the content on this podcast does not necessarily reflect the views of SAMHSA