Addressing Stigma and Substance Use Disorders:
A HealtheKnowledge Course
This course is designed to serve a broad audience including: health care and behavioral health administrators and supervisors; direct care providers of behavioral health service; and students in pre-service classes. This course provides content valuable for myriad professionals to consider in their day-to-day work when serving people with substance use disorders. The topics selected will allow participants to gain a deeper understanding of the nature and context of stigma.
The four-hour course includes five 45-minute video modules on topics related to stigma in the SUD field. There is a quiz after each module. Once you have completed the 5 modules and passed the quizzes with a score of 80% or better, you will be able to access a certificate of course completion. This course represents 4.0 continuing education hours or credits, which are available from NAADAC.
- Module 1: Stigma of Substance Use Disorders: An Overview
- Module 2: Addressing SUD & Structural Stigma: Opportunities & Challenges
- Module 3: Stigmata - Stigma of Medications for Opioid Use Disorder
- Module 4: The Stigma is Real: Pregnant and Parenting Women with Substance Use Disorders
- Module 5: Stigma and Substance Use Disorders: A Historical Walk