This 3-part webinar series was held in summer 2019 and sponsored by the Northwest ATTC and the Great Lakes ATTC.
Part 1: Strategies to Address Cocaine and Methamphetamine
Richard Rawson, PhD, UCLA School of Medicine, University of Vermont
June 11, 2019
This presentation provided an overview of the current knowledge on the problem of stimulant (cocaine and methamphetamine) use in the U.S., including a review of the extent and geography of use, the clinical syndromes provided by acute and chronic use, a review of behavioral treatments with evidence of efficacy for the treatment of stimulant use disorders, and an overview of the current status of pharmacotherapy research on treatments for stimulant use disorders.
Part 2: Provider Perspectives on Effective Strategies for Treating People with Stimulant Use Disorders
Michelle Peavy, PhD, Dominick DePhilippis, PhD, Regina Fox, BS, CSAC
July 18, 2019
This webinar featured a panel of providers presenting their experiences with effective treatment strategies and evidence-based practices for working with individuals with stimulant use disorders.
- Michelle Peavy, PhD, of Evergreen Treatment Services, addressed challenges and strategies of working with individuals with comorbid opioid use and stimulant use disorders
- Dominick DePhilippis, PhD, presented on use of contingency management with this population in the VA system
- Regina Fox, BS, CSAC discussed use of the Matrix Model of treatment in a community-based treatment organization
Part 3: Implementing Evidence Based Practices to Address Stimulant Use Disorders
Todd Molfenter, PhD, Bryan Hartzler, PhD, Denna Vandersloot, MEd
August 15, 2019
While the first two installments of this webinar series focused on effective treatment strategies and models for addressing stimulant use disorders, this last installment featured three presenters discussing change management strategies for successfully implementing evidence-based practices (EBPs).
- Todd Molfenter, PhD, provided an overview on how implementation science informs successful uptake of EBPs.
- Bryan Hartzler, PhD, presented tips for community-based implementation of contingency management.
- Denna Vandersloot, MEd, shared lessons learned from implementation efforts involving the Matrix Model of treatment.